We are The Tourism Company
…a Canadian-based boutique management consulting firm specializing in the tourism industry. We have worked with private, public and non-governmental (NGO) organizations to achieve success in the tourism industry since 1994. Working collaboratively with clients, The Tourism Company provides a range of tourism industry consulting services. The three partners — D’Arcy McKittrick, Mike Robbins and Jill Vandal are each highly qualified professional consultants with a global network of land planning, landscape architecture, heritage planning, cultural experience planning, engineering, architectural and design associates. Each Partner brings distinct individual expertise and background to the company providing a unique mix of tourism consulting skills. Recognized as one of Canada’s leading tourism consulting firms, the partners have worked in all Canadian provinces and territories and in a broad range of international destinations including the United States, Portugal, Montenegro, Bolivia, New Zealand, Morocco, the UAE and Jamaica.
We attribute our success to three factors. Firstly, we are dedicated to servicing only the fields in which we feel expert – tourism. We follow our knowledge, our experience and our interests seeking clients with matching needs. Secondly, the individual areas of expertise of each of our Partners combine to create a company greater than the sum of its parts. While each of us shares a passion for the tourism industry we each bring individual talents, insights and experience to the task. The third factor of our success is our commitment to being actively involved with our clients and each project, as one or more of the Partners are the ones doing the work. For every project you see listed, one or all of us have been actively involved. We bring that expertise to every project we are involved in.
Areas of Expertise
Drawing on our strengths, interests and vast experience, we focus our assistance in the following areas:
• Feasibility studies and business plans
• Product/experience development
• Destination development planning and marketing
• Strategic planning for organizations
• Publications, manuals and presentations
- The firm sponsors an annual bursary at Fleming College, Peterborough
- Michael Robbins is past Chairman of the Board for the Center for Responsible Travel based in Washington DC and has recently joined the Trebek Council with the Trebek Initiative, a partnership between National Geographic and the Royal Canadian Geographical Society
- Jill Vandal is a past Board member with the RCMP Heritage Centre in Regina, Saskatchewan
- D’Arcy McKittrick recently completed a long tenure as lecturer at Fleming College and Trent University in Peterborough
- The TOURISM COMPANY has provided support to SMARTRISK, the RCMP Foundation, Cystic Fibrosis Canada, The Peter Gzowski Invitational in support of Frontier College and the Yukon Quest Dog Sled Race, Toronto`s Ronald McDonald House.
The TOURISM COMPANY is an active member of the following tourism organizations: